rebranding a non-profit
Building awareness and credibility.
Duffy Health Center is an independent, non-profit community health center serving the homeless on Cape Cod. For more than 14 years, Duffy has provided primary care, mental health, substance abuse and support services at its center in Hyannis, MA, and more recently, through its mobile health clinic. In 2007, Duffy initiated a five-year marketing plan with the goal of supporting the launch of a capital campaign to fund construction of a new center to open in 2011 that will literally house all of its services under one roof.
- Lack of resources both in manpower and budget
- Inconsistent use of type treatment as the organization logo
- Low brand awareness and community recognition
One key area of Duffy’s plan was to build brand awareness in its market area so that residents and healthcare professionals would recognize Duffy Health Center’s value to the community and ultimately donate funds for the new center. Duffy asked Carol McLeod Design to give the relatively unknown center a brand identity, apply it to key touch points and help launch the new brand. We accomplished this by:
- Scheduling and initiating projects to flow over different fiscal budgets
- Designing a professional, immediately recognizable and memorable identity
- Developing usage guidelines to establish and maintain brand consistency
- Designing a vehicle wrap for the mobile health clinic as a moving billboard
- Assisting with press releases and public service announcement ads
- Designing low budget promotional items for distribution at highly visible community meetings
- Designing direct mail postcards to up-to-date major stakeholders on a regular basis
- Designing collateral material and website to help inform and educate key audience groups
- Designing materials for capital campaign
- Increased awareness with healthcare professionals, Duffy Health Center stakeholders, the homeless and the general community
- Successfully completed the capital campaign within six months
View work associated with this case study.
Is your brand getting lost in the shuffle?
Contact Carol at 508.477.7482, ext. 317 or email@example.com